Green Beans with Ginger & Lime
recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
- 2 pounds green beans trimmed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup salted, roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup (packed) cilantro leaves with tender stems, plus more for serving
Working in batches, cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 1–4 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice water; let cool. Drain and pat dry.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a small skillet over medium and cook shallot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and coriander and cook, stirring, until very fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high. Cook peanuts, tossing often, until golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; let cool, then coarsely chop. Set aside 1 Tbsp. peanuts for serving.
Whisk lime zest, lime juice, tamari, sugar, ½ tsp. salt, and remaining 3 Tbsp. oil into shallot mixture. Add beans, remaining peanuts, and ⅓ cup cilantro and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with more cilantro and reserved peanuts.