Strawberry Pimm’s Sorbet
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled & stemmed (about 1.25 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Pimm’s liqueur, plus more for serving
- sliced strawberries, for serving
- sliced cucumbers, for serving
Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, until sugar has dissolved, about 3-4 minutes. Remove simple syrup off heat and set aside to cool.
Place strawberries in a blender with lemon juice, and Pimm’s liqueur. Drizzle simple syrup on top and blend mixture until smooth. Transfer mixture to an ice-cream maker and process/ freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Put finished sorbet in a freezer-proof container, cover and freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours.
To serve, divide strawberries between serving bowls and drizzle Pimm’s on top. Scoop sorbet onto the Pimm’s infused strawberries and top with additional strawberries and sliced cucumbers.