Turkey, Bacon & Cranberry Sandwich
makes 1 sandwich
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 8 sage leaves
- 2 slices toasted Dave’s Killer Bread- Seeded Honey Wheat
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted turkey
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (optional)
- 2 strips cooked bacon
- a few slices of red onion
- a small handful of arugula
In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add sage and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until sage is crispy. Set sage aside, and add turkey to the skillet of browned butter to warm through. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
To assemble sandwich, mix cranberry sauce and hot mustard together and spread on one piece of toast. Spread other piece of toast with mashed sweet potatoes. Top sweet potatoes with turkey, bacon, onion and arugula. Nestle fried sage into the cranberry mustard mixture and smash both pieces of bread together to make the ultimate Thanksgiving leftover sandwich.