makes 6 waffles
recipe adapted from Everyday Food
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled (not quick-cooking)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted salted butter, plus more for iron
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain, low-fat yogurt (plus more for serving)
- mixed berries, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, butter, eggs, and yogurt until smooth. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture into flour mixture and mix well to combine. Let batter sit 15 minutes.
Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions; brush with melted butter. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto iron and close; cook until waffle is golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet and place in a low temperature oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with additional yogurt, berries and maple syrup.