Avocado Kimchi Toast
recipe slightly adapted from Small Victories
- 2 tablespoons juice from kimchi jar, plus 1 cup drained cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- kosher salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled & sliced
- 4 large slices country bread, grilled or toasted
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- a small handful of roughly chopped cilantro
In a small bowl, whisk together the kimchi juice and tahini. Add about 1 tablespoon warm water to thin out sauce. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
Place one-fourth of the avocado slices on top of each slice of toast and mash the avocado into the toasts with a fork. Sprinkle each one with a generous pinch of salt.
Divid the chopped kimchi evenly among the toasts and drizzle each with tahini mixture. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and cilantro evenly over the toasts, and slice each one in half. Serve immediately.