Cold Sesame Noodles
recipe adapted from Real Simple Magazine
- 3 packages ramen noodles (without flavor packets)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup tahini (peanut butter can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- kosher salt
- 1 persian cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- toasted sesame seed oil, for serving
Cook the ramen according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water.
Cook the red pepper flakes in the oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat until sizzling, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in scallions, tahini, vinegar, soy sauce and 3 tablespoons water. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss with pasta in a large serving bowl. Serve topped with cucumber, carrot, sesame seeds, sliced scallions and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.