Lime Ginger Broccoli Salad
recipe adapted from Bondi Harvest Cookbook
for the dressing:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or gf tamari)
- zest and juice of 1/2 orange
- zest and juice of 2 limes
for the salad:
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 avocado, cut int 1/2 inch dice
- chia seeds, for sprinkling
- 1 large handful roasted almonds
- 1 large handful cilantro, leaves picked
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil
Meanwhile, make the dressing, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, jalapeño, sesame seeds and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the heat and add the soy, the orange and lime zest and juice. Mix and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the broccoli to the saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender but still with some crunch. Strain and transfer the warm broccoli to the bowl with the dressing and give it a mix.
When ready to serve, add the avocado and session with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss lightly. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle over the chia seeds, almonds and cilantro.