Sausage Kale French Bread Pizza
- 1 large loaf French bread, sliced in half
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 5-6 cups chopped Tuscan kale
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400F
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage, breaking up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until sausage starts to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add kale and continue to cook until kale has softened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper and stir in garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Place french bread halves on baking sheet. Divide marinara sauce evenly between two halves. Sprinkle tops with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Add the sausage kale mixture onto the bread, followed by the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted and slightly brown. Transfer bread to a cutting board and cut into thick slices to serve.