Spiced Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Molasses Glaze
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons rum
Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a 10 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and mix on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until well incorporated. Slow the mixer to its lowest speed and carefully add in the flour in intervals of 1 cup. Add the sour cream and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist, but mostly clean, about 65-75 minutes.
Cool the cake for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, molasses, rum, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and pourable. Drizzle over the cake and serve.