Cold Soba Noodle Salad
for the dressing:
- 1/3 cup citrus ponzu sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch kosher salt
Mix ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
for the salad:
- 8oz. soba noodles
- 2 cups snap peas, cut into thirds
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions chopped, both white & green parts
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 heaping cup chopped cilantro
- toasted sesame seeds
- fresh lime
- toasted slivered almonds
- 1 avocado, cut in slices, for serving
Cook the soba noodles according to the package. In the last minute of cooking time add the snap peas. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add noodles to an ice bath to chill and then drain.
Toss the red peppers and green onions in the bowl of dressing. Add the noodles, snap peas, almonds, sesame seeds, arugula and cilantro. Toss until well combined.
Serve cold with sesame seeds, fresh limes and toasted slivered almonds.