Matcha Sesame Granola
makes about 15 cups
recipe adapted from Whole Food Cooking Every Day
- 5 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups unsweetened flaked dried coconut
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unhulled sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup culinary-grade matcha tea powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300F.
Combine the oats, coconut, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, matcha and salt together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla together until well combined. Pour the syrup mixture over the oat-nut mixture and mix well to combine.
Divide mixture between two baking sheets and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir, rotate the trays, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until granola is golden and fragrant. Store the granola in airtight jars for up to 6 weeks.