Roasted Broccoli and White Beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- a heavy pinch red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon, plus a few slices to roast
- kosher salt + fresh cracked pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400F.
Drizzle a baking sheet lightly with olive oil, set aside.
Mix olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Toss broccoli in garlic oil mixture to coat, followed by white beans (be careful not break up white beans with heavy handling). Place mixture on prepared baking sheet, nestling a few lemon slices in the mix. Season with salt & fresh cracked pepper and roast in oven, tossing occasionally for about 15-20 minutes. When beans and broccoli begin to char, top with a heavy dose of Parmesan cheese, turn the oven to BROIL and cook for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
Remove from oven, squeeze fresh lemon on top to taste. Serve with grated Parmesan and a poached egg if you fancy.