Herbed Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon potatoes, scrubbed and halved (quartered if large)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (both white & green parts)
In a serving bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, Dijon, and onions; season with salt and pepper and let the mixture sit for at least 15 minutes to marinate the onions.
Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a gentle boil and add potatoes. Cover, and cook just until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
Add hot cooked potatoes to the marinated onion mixture. Let cool, tossing occasionally.
Add oil, parsley, and green onions to the cooled potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and toss.