One-Pan Vegetarian Taco Pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 12oz. package of soyrizo
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh diced cilantro, plus more for garnish
- chopped tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
Heat a large deep skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add soyrizo and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
Add in the water, salsa, and macaroni. Bring mixture to a boil, then stir, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until pasta is tender and cooked through.
Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese and cilantro. Add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese to the top of the pasta and place the lid back on to allow the cheese to melt. Top with cilantro and your favorite taco garnishments and serve hot.