I’ve been holding onto the summer issue from Everyday Food for awhile now….I have A LOT of the recipes marked but haven’t gotten around to making anything UNTIL tonight. This is one of those recipes that required very little and fortunately I had all of the ingredients! Boy do I love when that happens.
I even got to use some of my tomato harvest from today too!
This meal was very very tasty. Casey and I agreed that we could have easily eaten EVERYTHING on the table. Everything is so light and refreshing that it takes awhile to feel full. Which I guess is a dangerous thing… But it’s all pretty healthy so why feel guilty?
I paired the chicken & tabbouleh with some grilled Lavash bread & some feta. They were excellent pairings!
I like to put a bit of every ingredient on a piece of the lavash bread and gobble it up!
I think you’ll like making this too. It’s super simple and very good for you!
Grilled Chicken with Tabbouleh
(recipe EVERYDAY FOOD)
– 1/2 cup bulgur
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
– 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley
– 1/2 English cucumber, halved, seeded, and chopped
– 1 large tomato, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
– 1 small garlic clove, minced
– 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total)
1. Heat grill to high. In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water to a simmer. Add bulgur, season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes; fluff bulgur with a fork. In a medium bowl, combine bulgur, parsley, cucumber, tomato, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil; toss tabbouleh to combine.
2. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Brush chicken with lemon mixture and serve with tabbouleh.