Awhile back I blogged about my frustrations feeding our son, Cooper. Things have gotten much better since then; although we still find ourselves in a little food rut now and again. I tried this recipe last night because it includes all of the things Coop loves- red peppers, black beans, cheese and tortillas! He also has a penchant for Mexican food so I was hoping this would satisfy him. It totally did!! Cooper devoured an entire half in like 2 seconds. Score one for Team Momma!
So here’s a little recipe that’s now in my arsenal of family friendly foods. It makes me soo happy when we are all eating the same thing at dinner time. It tastes super good with loads of hot sauce, cilantro and sour cream on top! Serve pizzas with a cold beer and it’s all grown up! That’s how we roll.
Gather your ingredients to be assembled!!
Take a tortilla and spread your favorite salsa on top.
Top with your peppers & black beans.
Finish with cheese & green onions. Now into the oven they go!
After about 15 minutes, you have a crispy pizza! Use a pizza cutter to slice it up.
Say Adiós!!! Cuz they’ll be gone in no time.
(recipe adapted from Family Circle)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (whole wheat works well too)
- 1 15 oz.can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheese (or more if you love cheese!)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup favorite salsa
- cilantro (optional topping)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a tortilla and spread a few spoonfuls of salsa on top. Top tortilla with peppers, black beans and finish with the shredded cheese& green onions. Repeat process with the remaining tortillas.
2. Put pizzas on a cookie sheet(2 per sheet) and bake for 12-15 minutes until browned and crispy. Top each pizza with cilantro and a tablespoon of sour cream and dig in!
***I baked 2 pizzas at a time because I didn’t feel like cleaning two cookie sheets! ***