I can't believe that Christmas is only a few days away.
I now have a pounding headache to prove it. *joy*
I stayed up til midnight making these babies:
In this batch you will find.....
Peppermint Infused Truffles Rolled in Candy Cane Bits:
Bourbon Infused Truffles rolled in Trader Joe's Sweet & Spicy Pecans:
and those same bourbon truffles rolled in Chopped Roasted Pistachios....
Plain Truffles smothered in Cocoa Powder:
And something festive, cuz you know-it's that time of year- or something:
ok so on with the recipe....
(Makes about 30)
Recipe from the back of Martha Stewart Treat Packaging
- 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter-unsalted & softened
- 2 tablespoons of flavored liquor (optional)
- 1-2 cups of the chopped topping of your choice
1. Heat chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture smooth. Remove from heat, add butter and liquor/flavoring if your heart desires (do it). Stir until butter is melted.
2. Pour mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a very small (about 1 inch diameter) ice cream scoop (or melon baller), drop balls of chocolate in whatever coating you wish. Roll to coat.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve. They keep for up to 2 weeks.
For the Bourbon Truffles, I poured in 2 heaping tablespoons of Maker's Mark.
For the Peppermint Truffles, I poured in 2 heaping tablespoons of Peppermint Oil.
Each one of the Martha Stewart Boxes I bought fit 4:
Adding something festive....
Stay Tuned for the Peppermint Bark recipe!