Ummm I've been going a little overboard on the juicing lately.....
I've been stock piling fruits & veggies in my house!
This is what my counter looked like a few days ago-via my cameraphone.
I am totally crazy huh? This doesn't account for the stuff that's already in the fridge!
Since I have a surplus of veggies, I decided to make a Citrus Beet Salad for dinner tonight.
I gots to get rid of it somehow!
It's really refreshing, sweet, tangy & delightful! The sweetness is balanced by the tartness of the citrus.That red onion and feta give it such a sharp bite!
The best part is that it is SOOO easy.
You take 4 beets, put them on parchment paper with salt & pepper (that's 4, I cut one in half)
You wrap them up in foil & roast them!
You separate lil orange segments.
Set them aside while your beets roast.
You chop up a small red onion.
Mix that with the lil oranges & chopped mint.
Take those beets out of the oven and let them cool.
While you wait, add some olive oil to the little mixture.
Toss the cooled beets in; then add feta, salt & pepper.
And then you plate it, and jab your fork in. Shove it in your face and ENJOY!
How easy is that?
Citrus Beet Salad
- 4 large beets
- 5 clementines, separated into sections
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta (or goat cheese!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash beets, put on parchment paper- salt & pepper them. Toss a little bit of olive oil. Wrap the parchment in alumminum foil -place on a cookie sheet and roast for 35-45 minutes until you can poke it easily with a knife. Let cool.
2. Take all of the other chopped ingredients and put them in the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and then add the cooled beets. Toss thoroughly and then add the feta. Salt & pepper and then serve! If it doesn't have enough kick, take a fork and mash a few of the clementine segments to release some juice!